Community College to University
You can pursue a bachelor’s degree by first attending a community/junior college and then transferring to a 4-year institution.

If you are a community/junior college students who plans to transfer to a 4-year college or university, you should be aware of the transfer requirements that may apply in your particular case. These requirements vary with age, ACT score, high school preparation, high school GPA, and the individual transfer college.

An articulation agreement is an understanding between two academic institutions that a course offered at one institution will be accepted for transfer credit at the partnering institution. Articulation agreements help students take appropriate courses at the community/junior college that will transfer for credit toward a bachelor's degree at the university of their choice.

You may take freshman and sophomore level transferable academic courses while at the community/junior college. Generally, one-half of the hours required for a bachelor's degree may be transferred from a community/junior college and applied to that degree at a 4-year college or university.

It is important to choose courses wisely. The transfer steps and transfer guide tool below have been created to ensure that those seeking transfer select the correct courses.

  • Meet with your academic advisor.
  • Determine the 4-year institution you want to transfer credits to and desired degree/major.
  • Click “Build the Guide”; or go to “Get Started!” →“Majors”→Select a major→ Click “Build the Guide.”
  • Complete the steps identified & print out the guide.
  • Using your un-official transcript, compare the courses needed for the degree with courses you have completed. If you notice any discrepancies, immediately contact your campus registrar’s office.
  • Declare a major or pre-major (at 24 college credit hours or sooner).
  • Monitor your progress by reviewing your transcript after each semester.
  • Contact the transfer services office at the transfer institution to obtain information relating to application deadlines, transfer policies, financial aid opportunities, and other available assistance.
  • Plan to meet and/or exceed the admission requirements for the university and program (ex. GPA).
  • Complete the A.A. degree and prerequisite courses prior to transfer.
Universities - Admission Office
Unviversity of Alcorn Delta State University Jackson State University
Mississippi State University Mississippi University for Women Mississippi Valley State University
The University of Mississippi The University of Southern Mississippi