Transfer of the Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.)
Anyone can pursue a bachelor’s degree by first attending a community/junior college and then transferring to a 4-year institution.

If you are a community/junior college students who plans to transfer to a 4-year college or university you should be aware of the transfer requirements that may apply in your particular cases. These requirements vary with age, ACT score, high school preparation, high school GPA, and the individual transfer college.

An articulation agreement is an understanding between two academic institutions that a course offered at one institution will be accepted for transfer credit at the partnering institution. Articulation agreements will help you to take appropriate courses at the community/junior college that will transfer for credit toward a bachelor's degree at the university of your choice.

You may take freshman and sophomore level transferable academic courses while at the community/junior college. Generally, one-half of the hours required for a bachelor's degree may be transferred from a community/junior college and applied to that degree at a 4-year college or university.

Be Prepared for Transfer
  • Meet with your community/junior college academic advisor
  • Consider which degree/major and university you want to transfer into; Utilize the transfer guide tool below to identify that degree/major and its required courses
  • Declare a major or pre-major (at 24 college credit hours or sooner)
  • Monitor your progress by reviewing your transcript after each semester
  • Contact the transfer services office at the transfer institution to obtain information relating to application deadlines, transfer policies, financial aid opportunities, and other available assistance
  • Plan to meet and/or exceed the admission requirements for the university and program
  • Complete the AA degree and prerequisite courses prior to transfer