If you are a community/junior college student planning to transfer to a 4-year college/university in Mississippi or a student planning to transfer between universities, you have landed in the right place.

The Mississippi Articulation and Transfer Tool (MATT) will keep you on track to transfer by walking you through the 8-step transfer process. MATT can assist you to understand whether courses offered at one institution will be accepted for transfer credit at a partner institution, consider degree/major and institutions you want to transfer into, build a personal Transfer Guide, and obtain information relating to application deadlines, financial aid opportunities, transfer policies and other critical information.

The transfer process isn't THAT much different from the initial college application process

1. Decide where you want to transfer.
Explore degrees and majors by clicking on Search by Major or Search by Institution. Complete the steps to Build a Transfer Guide. Print out Your Transfer Guide.

2. Meet with your academic advisor.
Make sure your advisor knows that you plan to transfer and the college you wish to transfer to. Talk to your advisor specifically about the program(s) you are interested in pursuing. The advisor can help you understand the academic requirements related to your chosen major or course of study. Types of Transfers

3. Speak to the academic advisor at the college you hope to attend.
Review your Build a Transfer Guide to be sure you understand what course credits will transfer before you begin the transfer process. Since, transferring credit isn’t always as easy as it should be, visit Getting your Transcript section to learn more.

4. Know the transfer applications requirements and deadlines.
See the University-Admissions Office and Community/Junior Colleges- Admissions Office section below for links to college information about transfer admissions. Transfer applicants must meet requirements and deadlines established by both the college you are transferring from and the college you wish to transfer into.

Veterans and military service personnel should review specialized information located within the Veterans and Military Services section Veterans and Military Services

5. Request Transcripts.
Request that the Registrar’s Office at your current college send official transcripts to the college you want to transfer into. In some cases, you may need to request your official high school transcripts. Go to Getting Your Transcript for more direction.

6. Complete all required forms.
Be aware that the applications for transfer students may differ from the general admissions application. You may need to complete other forms as well. Again, contact academic advisors at both institutions. University-Admissions Office and Community/Junior Colleges- Admissions Office

7. Apply for Financial Aid.
Be sure to complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1st as possible. Remember your financial aid package will not automatically transfer with you. It is best to speak with the Financial Aid office at the college you plan to attend to make sure everything is in order. Apply for Federal Financial Aid

8. Update your State financial aid.
If you decide to transfer mid-year, you will need to update your state financial aid application. Make sure you have taken all the necessary steps to continue receiving financial aid. Apply for State Financial Aid

Universities - Admission Office
Unviversity of Alcorn Delta State University Jackson State University
Mississippi State University Mississippi University for Women Mississippi Valley State University
The University of Mississippi The University of Southern Mississippi
Community/Junior Colleges - Admission Office
Coahoma Community College Copiah-Lincoln Community College East Central Community College
East Mississippi Community College Hinds Community College Holmes Community College
Itawamba Community College Jones County Junior College Meridian Community College
Mississippi Delta Community College Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Northeast Mississippi Community College
Northwest Mississippi Community College Pearl River Community College Southwest Mississippi Community College